Friday, March 23, 2012

M.O.M. CHALLENGE DAY 23

Friday, March 2, 2012

M.O.M. CHALLENGE DAY 23

Good morning, y'all! I've gotta' make this blog brief, 'cause I have a lunch date with the most amazeballs woman on the planet... my momma (we all call her Gigi)! She just got back from a trip to Israel, and we have so much to talk about! So, sorry to give you the bum's rush, but I told you I was committed to this blog and (honestly) I am just finding that I do not want to will not start my day with out GOD & then sharing what I have learned from HIM with you!

So, today's Proverbz were sorta' like a fatherly pep talk from wise ole' Solomon... much like the other proverbs were, and it may seem like a lot of re-hashing going on...but like I mentioned yesterday about repetition... it usually means it is stuff we need to remember & GOD does not want us to miss the point!

Since I opened my Etsy shop back in September, I have been bustin' my humps "working" (giggle) on it. I love what I am doing so it does not feel like work most of the time. I have been realizing lately, that it does take most of my time, and there is a chance that I may possibly be getting a little out of balance... So Proverbs 23:4-5 really kind of hit me hard right in my thinker this morning... It also made me really glad I decided to ditch "work"/home school/ housework/husband & kids etc. today and go lunchin' with my sweet momma!  That said, I really do love what I do (home school/ housework/husband & kids etc), but I also know the value of getting away from my routine for the day, so that I can come back to it refreshed.

The Message version of Proverbz 23:4-5 reads like this: "Don't wear yourself out trying to get rich, restrain yourself! Riches disappear in the blink of an eye; wealth sprouts wings and flies off into the wild blue yonder." 

While the New Living Translation puts it like this: "Don't wear yourself out trying to get rich.  Be wise enough to know when to quit. In the blink of an eye wealth disappears, for it will sprout wings and fly away like an eagle."

The part that say's "Be wise enough to know when to quit"  is the part that got my attention... I think that is the part I will meditate on for the rest of today... since I have been staying up until sometimes 3 or 4 in the morning "working" on ideas and creativity... no wonder I get in a funk!  My husband used to get really angry with me for not turning out the lights and going to bed when he went to bed...but some nights that is when my brain is just waking up to creativity!  I wish I could rise at the crack O'dawn to greet each new day, but honestly...sometimes it is more like the crack o'7:16 a.m. I don't really know why I don't like my clocks set on the exact hour or half hour! Whatever?! I don't care much about time (can I say that before I am living in Heaven, GOD?) I mean really? I don't think much of time and worrying about it all...I try to be places when I am being counted on...I rather prefer my freedom though...I don't like phones, or leashes...I just like my freedom... I think that is one of  life's greatest gifts... I am free to be free! Does that even make any sense? Well I am rambling, but i know what I am talking about..I am following me! Sorry if your train jumped the track a few miles back (Jack), but I am stacked and that's the fact...so...wow, where the heck did all that just come from?  I think that is what they call "burning the candle at both ends"... So, yeah...I know that I need to "Be wise enough to know when to quit." I am going to have to work harder on that!

My Life Recovery Bible notes read: "Perhaps the most common and unrecognized addiction in our culture today is greed or materialism.  Many people weary themselves trying to get more and more money so they can buy more goods and do more things." (GUILTY!) "The pleasure that money buys is only temporary; it doesn't satisfy the longings of our heart. The wise learn the secret of delayed gratification and resist the greedy impulses that bring quick and fleeting pleasure. Instead they seek to have their needs met through a healthy relationship with GOD and with others." (UuuuH??? Yeah, that was singin' straight to my soul!!!) Learning to delay gratification is a discipline that I have to work on = No more eating when I am hungry, because my heart is able to deceive me...(and aparently so is my tummy!) they been tag teaming me, and trying to take me down!!!  They have done it before, and according to the BIBLE, my heart has to potential to deceive me again...I forgive her, but what if she is un-repentant? What does that even mean? Repentant or Un-repentant? That is a blog for another day...'cause it takes digging a pretty deep well to understand true repentance...maybe so deep only GOD truly knows if a heart can even be repentant. (wow, this is getting deeper still).  

Today's Proverbs have me thinkin'... I am so content with where I am in life...even though our finances are pitiful right now! The "Law of Attraction" tells me that if I focus on how bad things are they will prolly get worse. (what I focus on I draw myself nearer to..."as a man thinketh, so is he" is the way the BIBLE puts it). So Gigi offered to take me to lunch, and while I hate the idea of being a mooch, I'ma take her up on her wonderful offer! ~*~ FOR THE RECORD: my parents have NEVER made me feel like a "mooch" that just comes from the voice of the accuser, so I'ma take that thought captive and go enjoy today. ~*~ Days like this totally prove to me that GOD's got my back! HE is my provider, and when I focus on that how could I ever consider not being content in my life???

I realize that I want to draw healthy and GODly boundaries in my life and stick to them. That said, peace, out!

Blessings,
Shawnie

No comments:

Post a Comment