Thursday, March 29, 2012

M.O.M. CHALLENGE DAY 29

THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012

M.O.M. CHALLENGE DAY 29

Wow, sorry it has been five days of no blogging on my part, I am committed to this blog, but I can only do what I can do, and without internet, I am kinda' out of the game. So, I am asking you to forgive me, and I hope no one dropped out of this reading of the Proverbs challenge due to that fact. The truth is though, if I have lost anyone in this challenge due to my lack of spoon feeding you, well then there was not much to you to begin with, was there? NO CONDEMNATION! I am not responsible for anyone's choices, but my own. There, I said it!

Now with my sincere, but brutal apology behind us let's move on...shall we? Anyone have any thoughts to add to mine? Please be sure to leave your comments below...I have been reading along to the Proverbs everyday, even though I have not been blogging, and I have hidden a few of these rich Proverbs in my heart...It is interesting really, how we learn the character of Father GOD through HIS WORD. Justice, and Love and Righeousness are defined and sketched out for us through these Proverbs...If we can apply these Proverbs to our life and truly understand them and live by them we will live well, but there would still be one thing missing even if we were the wisest person on Earth...Without JESUS CHRIST as our Saviour, our advocate, our contender...we are nothing, we are but a wisp of breath on the span of Eternity...We need HIM.  Have you asked JESUS to be your Saviour yet? Have you figured that part out yet? That you need HIM? That you are NOTHING without HIM? That HE bridges the gap between you and your Father? HE is our humbling thread that ties us to THE FATHER...yes, it is true...by rejecting JESUS you will seal your eternal fate... NO JESUS = NO PEACE, but KNOW JESUS = KNOW PEACE!

There are so many people who are still rejecting HIM, and they claim that as a Christian I am small minded or narrow minded or closed minded?  No matter, I don't need the false approval of men and women, or my peers or family even. I pray for those whose eyes of understanding are still sealed shut... that their eyes will be opened, that understanding will permeate their heart, soul and mind...that humility will take over their pride and they will submit to HOLY SPIRIT.

So many people are afraid of what the others will think of them...Proverbs 29:25 reads "The fear of human opinion disables; trusting in GOD protects you from that."  It is not hard really to trust in GOD, people will always let you down, but when you allow yourself to think bigger than what you can see (people & the world around you) you have an opportunity to become a part of something bigger than yourself...don't be trippin' over your own shoelaces your whole life...grow up & stop being so clumsy in your own body...let go of your self centeredness and be free of the cares of this world... dance in the freedom and LIGHT HEARTED relationship of LOVE. Get to know The SON of GOD who is JESUS CHRIST, and don't let anyone steal that TRUTH from you! He is GOD & HOLY SPIRIT, all rolled into one...like an apple has a core (seeds), the inner flesh, and the outer skin, but it is all one apple...GOD, JESUS AND HOLY SPIRIT are one. 

Hold on to what is right and ask HIM for HIS helping hand, HE is waiting to set you free...even if "freedom" does not look like what you thought it would...let go of your own contrived thoughts, free your mind and the rest will follow. I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANY DRUG HERE...NO MARIJUANA, NO ALCOHOL, NO OTHER DRUGS...NOTHING COMPARES TO THE FREEDOM I HAVE IN CHRIST JESUS...Freedom from fear of man, of death of life itself...NO DRUG INDUCED HIGH CAN COMPARE TO THE HIGH OF FREEDOM FROM CONDEMNATION OR FEAR...My favorite two words are so simple..."So What?"

I used to be compelled by fears. Fear of shadows, or the boogey man...fear of failure or death or pain... fear of being rejected...fear of being betrayed...fear of getting fat...fear of success, of winning of being in the limelight...fear of anything I have found is lack of FAITH! I have come to this TRUTH: I AIN'T AFRAIDA' NUTHIN'!!! My words are worth repeating: "SO WHAT?"

Shadows can't hurt me, neither can the boogey man...and I have failed before, so what? I have seen death and honestly, I totally believe that the death of this mortal body is no big deal, a relief actually since this mortal body is just my temporary home, HEAVEN must be so wonderful, I have read all about it and I am quite looking forward to it, when GOD says it is my turn, and I get to go forward.

Well then, what about pain? ha! pain is just a state of mind, if you think about it, really? If drugs can take away physical pain (or emotional pain) by blotting the feeling out...by numbing pain or anesthetizing pain we are just allowing that parto of our brain to obey those drugs, allowing them to have control over a part of our brain that we could allow GOD to control, really! A couple of times when I have been in pain, I have asked GOD to take control over that part of my brain that feels the pain, and I have asked HIM to let me stop thinking about it for a while...when I focus on HIM the pain takes a backseat to HIS greatness, bringing a merciful respite of control over the pain, (NOT A NUMBNESS TO IT, THOUGH).  Sure, the pain is still there, but by focusing on GOD, your brain mercifully allows you to forget about everything else...guess what...if drugs can take away the pain, how much greater is GOD able to take away the pain? If there are drugs that can do anything, don't you think it is possible to just will your brain to forget about the pain for a little while? I have done that before...I have had the opportunity to forget about pain, let's just say a few times...not only physical pain, but emotional pain as well...I am not talking about pretending it is not there or that it never happened, I have felt the pain, known it was there and then just willed it away...you can do that you know....your mind is a terrible thing to waste...don't waste it on drugs or hate or pain or fear.

So, yeah...back to the fear factor: I have been rejected, and while it was not a nice feeling I lived through it... so what? I have been betrayed, and I have been a betrayer...I prefer the former of the two to be honest...with out sounding like a martyr I would rather be betrayed than ever betray anyone ever again.... At least if I am the one being betrayed I know how to take the pain to GOD and I know how to forgive...I know how to choose love over hate, that is why I know that I have been humbled. I know GOD loves me, so...so what if nobody else does? So what? 

I do not fear losing anyone, so I don't hold on too tight to them and strangle them...I love people and I don't really care if they don't love me back...I don't need their love when I have GOD's love...so if I am rejected...so what? Which brings me to that silly fear of getting fat...really? So what? So I am a fat girl...I have been skinny, and I have been fat...so what? The fear of fat is rooted in the fear of rejection, and we have already dealt with that silly fear.... and you guess it, so what?

So then, there's the fear of success...the fear of winning...of being in the limelight...so what? I am a winner, 'nuff said! I don't care if people want to stop and stare at me....they are only looking at a reflection of GOD in me.... I DON'T CLAIM TO BE PERFECT...NEVER SAID THAT I AM GOD...I DON'T BELIEVE THAT I AM GOD, JUST THAT HIS SPIRIT LIVES IN MY HEART. HIS SPIRIT lives in my heart... side by side with my own spirit, yeah HE loves me enough to be there for me. I have a confession to make, I am weak, but HE is strong, and I am totally leaning on HIM for eternity... So what?

So, yeah...I am totally worth listening to, lingering around with...I am not full of myself, I am full of GOD! I am not my own. I was bought with a price and guess what? It appears as though I must have great value to GOD, HE values me and so what if no one else does?

 By the way, HE values all of HIS creation, & that includes you, do you believe that?  That is the first step, you know? Belief. FAITH. Believing that you were created, that you have value. Belief comes from simple faith, it does not really take much on our part to believe, especially with all of the signs and wonders that our wonderful Father has provided for us. WITHOUT FAITH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD....but we can not even boast on the greatness of our faith, because THE WORD says that JESUS is the author and the finisher of our faith....JESUS is the only way to the FATHER! HE is the only bridge that hovers above the great gap of sin that seperates us from our FATHER. HE has invited us all to walk HIS path, have you R.S.V.P.'d on HIS ivitiation? Have you asked JESUS to personally hold your hand while you walk this path we call life? Without HIM I can assure you, you will get lost, but with HIM holding your hand you will find the greatest treasures on this path...you will not even begin to understand how great is HIS love for each of us...if HE loves you and the others that HE created, can you love others as well? After all that is a great way to show HIM that you love HIM. IF YOU LOVE HIM YOU WILL OBEY HIM. JESUS SAYS TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Be generous to the poor-you'll never go hungry, shut your eyes to their needs, and run a gaintlet of curses. Pride lands you flat on your face' humility prepares you for honors.

Two more days left of this challenge...these next two days ahead are gonna' be great...don't miss out!

"See" you tomorrow (GOD willing!)
Blessings,
Shawnie

No comments:

Post a Comment